A short article at Sparta Point reinforces the idea that SLEEP IS AS IMPORTANT AS TRAINING. I’ve been a big fan of sleep ever since I read a quote in Easy Strength that said something like “strength loves rest”. If you want to get stronger (and healthier, and prevent injury, and…) then take your sleep more seriously.
Here are some of my favorite sleep tips:
- Get 8-10 hours of quality sleep every night.
- Use a white noise machine to block out neighborhood or house noise, or wear ear plugs.
- Get blackout shades or wear a sleep mask.
- Sleep in a comfortable bed.
- Turn off TV/Technology 2 hours before bed.
- Don’t eat or drink 2 hours before bed.
- Write out your next day’s to-do list before bed.